Welcome to MiNT-SRC
Microelectronics & Nanotechnology - Shamsuddin Research Centre or MiNT-SRC is one of the Center of Excellence at Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM). It was established in November 27th, 2006. Formerly it was known as Microelectronic and Nanotechnology Centre (MiNTEC). In November 25th, 2007, the name of Microelectronic & Nanotechnology - Shamsuddin Research Center was effective as an acknowledgment to our university's former chairman Y. Bhg. Tan Sri Dato' Seri Ir Shamsuddin bin Abdul Kadir for his contribution to the university (2007-2009). He is currently appointed as first Pro-Chancellor of UTHM.
University's Former Chairman
Y. Bhg. Tan Sri Dato' Seri Ir Shamsuddin bin Abdul Kadir
Function of MiNT-SRC:
At university level:
- To support the university for Research, Development and Commercialization (RDC), University-University and University-Industry Partnership.
- To lead research in microelectronics, semiconductors and nanotechnology.
At country level:
- To support government policy under Malaysia Ninth Plan (MNP):
- Develop high prestige and excellence culture.
- Develop a 'First Class Mindset' and ability to produce high quality R&D.
- Encourage development through networking and co-operation.
- To focus on researches that support microelectronic, semiconductor and nanotechnology industries.
- To encourage research and development among students, reseachers, and lecturers.
- To become a training and consultant center in microelectronic, semiconductor and nanotechnology areas.
- To organize national and international seminar and conferences.
- Microelectronics and semiconductor devices
- Thin film technology and its applications
- Microelectromechanical system (MEMS)
- VLSI design
- Medical electronics
- Solar cell fabrication