Dry Processing Research Lab is one of several research laboratories in Microelectronics and Nanotechnology - Shamsuddin - Research Centre (MiNT-SRC), Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia. The lab is supported by cutting edge facilities environment at MiNT-SRC centre. This will enable Dry Processing Research Lab to conduct multidisciplinary research fields of micro- and nano-electronics.
Our research focuses on functional thin film deposition using plasma processing technology, which is also known as dry processing. In order to optimize the deposition parameters, it is essential to understand the plasma during the deposition. Therefore, our team also investigate the plasma properties such as plasma density and temperature using Langmuir probe analysis and optical emission spectroscopy.
The Dry Processing Research Lab is among the first universities research lab in Malaysia that have a magnetron sputtering plasma machine with dual-target which enable us to deposit multilayer and compound thin films. This machine has been the core of our research collaboration with other universities and private companies.
We also have Reactive Ion Etching system using capacitively coupled plasma configuration.
KEYWORDS: plasma processing, plasma diagnostics, magnetron sputtering plasma, atmospheric pressure plasma, capacitively coupled plasma, dielectric barrier discharge plasma
SECURE YOUR 2017 KPIs ON JOURNAL PUBLICATION:
By submitting your research work to below conferences, your work will be published in Q3 and Q4 journals.
Please note that this is different with SCOPUS indexed proceeding.
- Join us at http://fkee.uthm.edu.my/ic3e2017/ ~Multi-disciplines, SCOPUS indexed journal (Q3&Q4 journals)~
- Join us at http://uhsb.uthm.edu.my/ismap/ ~Multi-disciplines, SCOPUS indexed journal (Q4 journal)~
- Publish your research results to our International Journal of Integrated Engineering (IJIE),
- Plasma processes technology – Magnetron sputtering plasma, Plasma-enhanced CVD, Atmospheric pressure plasma.
- Plasma diagnostics technology – Laser Induced Fluorescence (LIF), Laser Light Scattering (LLS), Langmuir Probe Measurement, Optical Emission Spectroscopy (OES).
- Thin film deposition technology – Spin coating, Furnace system, PVD system.
- Thin film analysis – Scanning electron microscope, Atomic force microscope.
- Low cost and green solar cell fabrication using plasma process.
- Ionization of metal atoms in high-pressure magnetron sputtering plasmas.
- Generation of nanoparticles in high-pressure magnetron sputtering plasmas.
- Surface treatment using atmospheric pressure plasmas and dielectric barrier discharges.
- Magnetron sputtering plasma using powder target.
- Deposition of naturally abundant and non-toxic materials for solar cells using high-pressure magnetron sputtering plasmas.
- Thin film deposition and growth
- Plasma deposition and etching
- Plasma processing and treatment
- Plasma diagnostics